* I have been listening to the Dream Cast album nonstop since Sunday. I grew up on this thing, and I know every note of it and it still never fails to give me goosebumps. How can something so flawless exist?
* The anniversary tour is coming here in May, and you know I will be going. SO EXCITED. LIVE THEATER. SONGS I KNOW BY HEART. SOBBING LIKE A BABY. SO READY.
* We all know by now that there's going to be a movie, right? Initially I was very concerned about this, wringing my hands with terror that it would be awfulawfulawful and they would cast a whole bunch of people who can't sing just because they are famous (and I'll admit, I'm still to an extent nervous about that), but apparently Tom Hooper, he of The King's Speech
Oscar-winning, may be directing it. I thought this was confirmed, Lexi, but apparently it's just a rumor. Still, this would please me greatly and make me breathe a little easier.
* Shockingly (or, you know, not) I have a few thoughts about the casting of the film. The other night's showing of the Anniversary show confirmed to me that, alas, Colm Wilkinson is probably a little too old to play Valjean--he was fragile and his voice wasn't as a strong as it was. They probably won't go with him, which makes me sadface because he will always be Valjean to me. BUT. There is no way in hell that Philip Quast is too old to play Javert, and I might weep if they don't cast him because. NO ONE in the history of the universe could be as awesome in that role as he is.
OH WAIT DID SOMEONE MENTION SOMETHING ABOUT WANTING TO HEAR HIM SING "STARS"? AND DO I JUST SO HAPPEN TO HAVE A VIDEO EMBEDDED SO THAT YOU CAN DO THAT? I MUST BE CLAIRVOYANT.
*dies of awesome*
THEY MUST CAST HIM. And not cast the guy who played Valjean in the 25th Anniversary show. His "Bring Him Home" was nice, but the rest of his performance was severely lacking in my mind.
* Lea Salonga is too old to play Eponine ALAS AND I WILL WEEP. This breaks my heart because she will always be Eponine
to me. They will probably end up casting Lea Michele since she's huge now and has played the role
, and I would not be displeased by this. Obviously, she's hugely talented and I want to see her do non-Glee
things since we all know how I feel about that show.
* Now most important. The only other person I am absolutely ADAMANT that they must cast is Ramin Karimloo as Enjolras.
I WILL BE OVER HERE DYING OF OF AN OVERDOSE OF SEXINESS. Seriously, I had no idea who this man was a few days ago, and now I am convinced he is the most attractive man on the planet. BOOM. INSTANT OBSESSION.
Apparently he's in that really bad sequel to Phantom of the Opera
, and even though I have zero feelings about Andrew Lloyd Webber, I will always be grateful to him from now on because he guarantees the existence of this:
I'm pretty sure he impregnated with me with his voice. Just sayin'.
I might even dump Enver Gjokaj for him. That is how massive my crush is at this point.
* In closing, feel free to watch the original cast be reunited (PLUS RAMIN AND HIS SEXINESS) and weep like a baby as they sing "One Day More."