- There was this old British lady on NPR today with the most delicious
plummy accent talking about a new biography she's written of Lord Byron. Now, I'm a Keats kind of girl myself, but there is nothing more fun than listening to old British ladies say "licentiousness" and talking about Byron's relationship with Augusta. As I am generally unimpressed by debauchery, I remain convinced that his daughter was way cooler than he could ever hope to be. You go, Ada Lovelace. Inventing computer programming. One of the main characters in the pseudo-Victorian YA fantasy novel I'm working on is named after you! I'm sure you're sitting up there in heaven, all flattered and stuff.
- The beach's vendetta against my legs has not ceased. Now I am peeling profusely and also the places where I got stung by the jellyfish all flared up again. I woke up Saturday morning scratching at my legs thinking, "When did I get mosquito bites? I haven't been outside? Actually, these feel more like chiggers." And then it was the stupid jellyfish sting. Not fun. I haven't taken Benadryl in a while, and I forgot how wonky it can make me feel.
reminded me of how passionately I love Jackie/Hyde, and so I spent pretty much all weekend reading That 70s Show fanfic
. I was shocked by how much good stuff there is. Like, really good. It made me want to write some of my own, because it's been a long time since I've written T7S. I still don't understand how I can possibly love some silly couple from some silly sitcom as much as I do those two crazy kids. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THE WRITERS. Let's take this opportunity to admire my moodtheme. LOVE IT.
- In insanely flattering news, misskittydu34
has translated my story Prism
into French! Isn't that the sweetest thing? You can find it here
, in case you're interested.
- FALL SEASON OF TV. My favoritest time of the year! But I'm kind of shocked that I only have three shows on my absolutely-must-watch list: The Vampire Diaries
, and Being Erica
. What am I missing? Has anybody heard of any exciting sounding new shows? TV. MY LOVE.
- I am currently downloading the Emmys because I didn't watch them on TV last night like a normal person. Also, they always make me mad because the stuff I want to win never wins. Let's not even talk about how many different categories Community
should have been nominated for. I'm just going to continue to bask in the knowledge that Connie Britton FINALLY got a nomination. I love that woman.
- I hope your Monday was decent, and I also hope to catch up on replies soon. I've been doing a lot better about it lately!
- Now, back to working on my manifesto.