Oh, haaaaaaiiiiii. It’s one of those posts where I talk about how much I fail at eljay. Which is a lot. So let’s skip that part and get right to me asking how y’all are. Everything okay? Anything awesome/important that I’ve missed? What is going on with you?
Here’s what is going on with me.
Fifteen Things That Are Awesome at the Moment
1. Ramin Karimloo’s existence. Yes, this really does need to be number one.
2. My family continues to be amazing. I feel like I should not be this big of a fan of my own family, but I am. Whatever. We’re awesome.
3. Working on my book! Going to the library, not hooking up to the internet, actually working. And I have decided that I will KEEP ON WRITING even when (inevitably) I hit the point when I realize that the book is stupid and worthless and no one would ever, ever want to read it. I mean, this is just the beginning, and who knows how long I can keep this up, but hopefully I’ll develop some will power? Hopefully?
4. SPRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING. THERE ARE FLOWERS. IT IS WARM. I AM SO HAPPY. It’s kind of sad how much influence the weather has on my mood. I was sitting in the library on the second floor looking out the big windows and the grass was so green I thought I was going to cry.
5. Grace/Rich OTP and their flawless, flawless scenes
6. Rereading A Song of Ice and Fire
. I had forgotten how easy it is to fly through these books. SUPER READABLE.
7. DOCTOR WHO SOON SOON SOON
8. Parks and Rec
continues to be flawless and the happiest show on television with beautiful OTP times and Ron Swanson being excellent and Amy Poehler being my hero and lots more people starting to watch it. If you aren’t watching this show, I have nothing to say to you. I feel towards you the way the entirety of Pawnee feels about people who don’t appreciate Lil Sebastian (speaking of which, I want a t-shirt. I don’t even wear t-shirts, but I would wear that one).
9. Freya Mavor’s face. How is she possible? I don’t understand. I still think that if they insist on casting a blonde girl for the new Buffy reboot (instead of going with my race!swap idea), they should cast her, regardless of the fact that she is British. I think she’s the only person at this point that I would forgive for not being SMG.
10. Persephone Magazine changing their layout so that I can ACTUALLY READ IT. This website is what Jezebel wishes it were. Except better.
11. Watching The X-Files
for the first time and the mytharc actually showing up. I love worldbuilding!
12. I’m going to In the Heights
this weekend! Yay! I don’t know any of the music, but I’m super excited, because I hear excellent things.
13. Riding in my truck with the windows down and singing Marina and the Diamonds songs on the top of my lungs
14. My family made beignets on Sunday. NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM.
15. The Being Human
finale. This would be higher up the list except that it was a couple of weeks ago now. But still. Well played, Toby Whithouse. Well played.
Nine Things That Suck at the Moment
1. The world is actually a mess. I can’t even address it—I get too overwhelmed. But I keep hearing Yeats in my head: “For the world’s more full of weeping than you can understand.”
2. Steve Moffat’s ridiculous sexism coming through in an actual episode. HAHAHA ELEVEN TELLING AMY TO PUT ON TROUSERS. Except that’s not funny at all, Moff. Don’t do this to me. Seriously—don’t.
3. My boss is ridiculous *eyeroll*
4. Allergies impending. I feel them coming on. The one downside of spring arriving.
5. I actually do fail at lj. I just get overwhelmed by thinking about catching up with my flist, and it’s easier to avoid. I apologize for being a very bad friend.
6. No idea what I’ll be writing for seasonal_spuffy
. Haven’t been in a BtVS frame of mind for a while.
continues to fail at race so hard that it ruins episodes that HAVE MY FUTURE HUSBAND AS A GUEST STAR. Seriously, Dan Harmon. We need to have a word.
8. Gas is ridiculously expensive. *sigh*
9. I am not married to Ramin Karimloo.
Also, I need to tell you a story about how awesome my mama is. ( cut for length )